The industrial PROFIVE® Single Board Computer (SBC) NUCD was designed in the embedded NUC™ standard and is based on the latest AMD Ryzen™ Embedded R2000 platform which features excellent performance per watt as well as a superior integrated graphics unit.
Thus the NUCD SBC is a small (about 10 x 10 cm) and very powerful industrial embedded board, which is perfectly equipped for various applications like
- AI (artificial intelligence)
- ML (machine learning)
- CV (computer vision)
- Mobile systems
- Graphics-intensive applications
- Image processing
- Video surveillance
- 3D simulators
- Optical quality control (vision computing)
- Digital signage
The NUCD SBC features a wide input voltage range from 8 VDC to 32 VDC as well as a special pre-fitting for vehicle use, including an input for continuous plus (terminal 30) and ignition plus (terminal 15). In addition, a special overvoltage protection circuit is implemented, which takes load-dump scenarios into account in particular.
Different CPUs with a TDP of 12W - 54W1 are used:
AMD Ryzen™ Embedded R2312
2 cores / 4 threads | 2.7 GHz to 3.5 GHz | TDP: 12W to 25W
AMD Ryzen™ Embedded R2314
4 cores / 4 threads | 2.1 GHz to 3.5 GHz | TDP: 12W to 25W
AMD Ryzen™ Embedded R2514
4 cores / 8 threads | 2.1 GHz to 3.7 GHz | TDP: 12W to 35W
AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
AMD Ryzen™ Embedded R2544
4 cores / 8 threads | 3.35 GHz to 3.7 GHz | TDP: 35W to 54W1
AMD Radeon™ Vega 11 Graphics
Design, production and support “Made in Germany"
1The NUCD supports only up to 35W TDP settings
The "easy to integrate" versions have no fan or heat sink.
The benefit: The heatspreader, which also serves as a mounting plate, distributes the CPU heat to a larger cooling solution in the user's application. The mounting plate is compatible within the E.E.P.D. "easy to integrate" solutions, making it very easy to scale between performance classes. On the service side, this solution also brings great advantages, including fast replacement.
- AMD processors of the R2000 series - R2312 / R2314 / R2514 / R2544
- Up to 32 GB dual channel DDR4 memory
- 2 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports Intel® I225 with IEEE1588
- 1 MicroSD card slot
- 3 M.2 - Type B, Type E, Type M
- 1 SATA (6G) with separate power connector
- 1 Dual USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gb/s, limited by fuse to: 900mA each)
- 1 Rear USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gb/s, limited by fuse protection to: 900mA)
- 1 internal USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gb/s, limited by fuse protection to: 900mA)
- 1 RS-232 Port + 1 RS-232/485 Port
- 1 24-bit dual channel LVDS-Connector (OEM/ODM option)
- 2 Mini-DP++ connector up to 4096x2160 @ 60Hz
- fTPM - AMD firmware Trusted Platform Module + TPM 2.0 Support (Infineon SLB 9670)
- Min. 10.8 VDC to 26.4 VDC power supply range
- Max. Operating temperature range: commercially at 0°C to + 60°C; others on request
- Max. storage temperature range: from -40°C to + 85°C
- Max. rel. humidity: 95% @ 40°C, non-condensing
- Dimensions: approx. 102 mm x 102 mm
- Supported operating systems: Microsoft® Windows® 10 / 10 IoT Enterprise, Microsoft® Windows® 11, Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Design, production and support "Made in Germany"