The EM module MCAN is the perfect CAN module solution. MCAN allows the control of various devices and sensor units and thus provides network security. The module is equipped with a USB to CAN adapter. Further details: CAN module version 2.0A and 2.0B for serial fieldbus operations, DSUB-9 Connector (male), USB 2.0 / 1.1 capable. The possible bit rate is 20 kbit/s to 1 Mbit/s.
Optionally, the CAN module is also available with galvanic isolation (500V).
Like all EM I/O modules it fits on the module rail mounting of the products TB-M and TB-H and can be fixed on this with a screw. It is with hardware of E.E.P.D. / EMTrust as well as with most x86-and ARM third-party hardware compatibly. In addition to the assembly in the module mounting it can be fixed to a hat rail. A variation with 80-cm-long USB cable (type A plug) is also available especially for it.
- CAN: 9-pin female D-SUB connector / 2 CAN ports: Standard CAN (Version 2.0A) / Extended CAN (Version 2.0B)
- Possible bitrate: 20 kBit/s up to 1 MBit/s
- Transceiver: NXP TJA 1042TK
- Driver support: SocketCAN CANopen®
- Status LEDs: yes
- Galvanic isolation: Optional (500 V)
- USB client port: 1 USB 2.0 / 1.1 Type A
- OS support: Linux Kernel 3.4 or later Microsoft® Windows® 7 Microsoft® Windows® 10 Microsoft® Windows® 10 IoT Core
- Power supply: USB VCC (+5 V supply, current limited to 500 mA)
- Housing: ABS-PC
- Dimension: 93 mm x 38,5 mm x 26,6 mm
- Weight: Approximately 40 grams
- Mounting: EMTrust TB-M and TB-H module mounting, hat rail mounting
- Cooling Designed for fanless operation
- Conformity: CE, ROHS, REACH
- Max. operating temparature: -40°C to +85°C ambient
- Max. storage temparature: -40°C to +85°C ambient
- Max. rel. humidity: 95 % @ 40°C, non-condensing
- Design, Produktion and Support “Made in Germany"